Friday, December 11, 2009

In Search Of

My fantastic email provider provided me with an interesting internet link: a dating site for the wealthy. It claims that its members are CEOs, athletes, former beauty queens, and fitness moguls. I admit I was curious so I navigated my way up the internet river to the website. I was surprised to see that it offered "Free" membership*. I didn't sign up but after I had a nice chuckle to myself**, I started thinking about the proliferation of dating websites. I got curious so I started a random search. These are a few of the criteria I searched for: Sci Fi Fans (heavily biased toward Star Trek and Star Wars), Food/Chef Lovers (with support sites for people dating chefs),Space Lovers (including the chance to date a Space Sim, virtually, of course), Gay Loggers (I assume you can opt for a straight logger if that is your preference), and Cloggers (straight and gay options available).

Its a short list. I was running out things to type into my search engine without dipping into the realm of pervy internet queries. So, I assume that whatever hobby a person is into there is another person out there who is interested in it, too. I just wonder if there are any wealthy loggers who enjoy clogging and are looking for a Space Sim chef. That would be one hell of a personal ad.

__________________________________________________________________
* cheap wealthy bastards. I would think the site would charge $1,000,000 just to prove how wealthy the members are. Are there no standards in business anymore?

**and a sense of exclusion. I mean, I'm not looking for anyone as I have someone, but I would like to have the option. It's not my fault I'm not wealthy. These student loans don't pay themselves (as my student loan providers have repeatedly informed me).

No comments: