Thursday, December 10, 2009

So Remiss

I've been remiss. It's true. I am a Re-misser. When I set up this blog, I told myself it would be the perfect format to revitalize my creative juices having just spent the last few years writing nothing but analytical and academic papers. Unexpectedly, I began to suffer from MLA flashbacks and I froze. Not that I ceased to love writing, but I was burnt out. Burnt! Fried and crisped in duck fat with a side of pork belly. (Sorry, just watched the finale of Top Chef)

But now...I hang up my hat and cloak* as The Remisser and become the Misser? No, that can't be right. Well, whatever the opposite of the aforementioned is, I will now become. The UnMisser. **

It's been an interesting bit of time since the last and only time I posted a blog entry. I feared that a blog would become an online journal, but I have been fortunate that I have a good friend who has a blog that has become a mental amuse bouche (again, Top Chef, I'm sorry, I can't help it) or to be a bit more precise an amuse intellectuelle. Ms. Lewis Infers is the title of the blog and the blogger herself is amazing.

So, I will start posting and I will do my best to woo you into reading. Shall we try this again? Please, take me back.




___________________________________________________________________

*I don't really have a cloak but I wish it were fashionable to wander (or walk purposefully) around in a big ol' blanket hooked at the throat with the way the weather has insisted on being such a cold freaking jerk.

**Except when it comes to remembering important dates: birthdays, anniversary (esp. my own), holidays, graduations, weddings, Arbor Day, and when it's my turn to pick up the dry cleaning. I can't help it. Its genetic. Ask my father, he'll tell you.

No comments: